OKCFD: 1 Dead, Pet Killed In SW OKC House Fire
OKLAHOMA CITY - One person is dead and a pet was killed Friday morning in a southwest Oklahoma City house fire, officials said.
According to authorities, the fire was near SW 89th Street and S May Avenue.
One adult victim was removed from the home and taken to a local hospital in critical condition. He did not survive, firefighters said.
Another person escaped from the home before firefighter arrived.
The fire was classified as accidental with the specific cause of the fire being an improperly discarded cigarette in the garage about 45 minutes before the fire began.
The home was valued at $136,000 and is considered a total loss, fire officials said.