Monday, November 4th 2019, 4:27 PM CST
- 4 boneless skinless thin chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt & pepper
- Sauté the onions mushrooms and spinach just until the spinach is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Italian cheese blend, and Parmesan cheese.
To make the Chicken roll ups:
- Place 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture in the center of the cutlet.
- Set approximately one large tablespoon of the veggie mixture on top of the cheese and then roll up the chicken and place seam side down on a plate.
- Add the flour to a shallow plate and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken in the flour to coat completely and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
To cook the chicken roll ups:
- Preheat a skillet on the stovetop to medium high heat.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to the bottom of a skillet and set the chicken seam side down.
- Cook the chicken until it is browned and then rotate to continue cooking until the chicken is evenly seared.
- Once that is done remove from the skillet and sat on a plate.