Monday, October 28th 2019, 4:48 PM CDT
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups canned pinto, kidney or black beans of your choice
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes or 1 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 2 cups roasted corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 tamales, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons masa flour (to thicken)
- Cook the ground beef just till it is cooked through and then place in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the tamales and masa.
- Cook in a slow cooker for 4 hours on HIGH or in an instant pot for 15 minutes.
- Add the mass and stir to thicken and then add tamales.
- Cook in slow cooker for another hour or cook on sauté mode in INSTANT POT for 15 minutes or until tamales are warmed.
- Serve with sprinkling of cilantro and cheese.