Wednesday, June 26th 2019, 3:58 PM CDT
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut the chilled butter into cubes and add to the food processor.
- Continue pulsing until crumbles are formed.
- Add the crumbles and chopped apricots to a medium sized bowl and pour the cold whipping cream over the top and stir together till it forms a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 1/2 inch thick disk.
- Cut into 3-4 inch diameter rounds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the scones with cream and bake for 14-18 minutes.
- Serve with clotted cream, lemon curd and jam.