Wednesday, June 26th 2019, 3:57 PM CDT
- 2 cups salted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a square baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the sides of the pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix into the butter.
- Slowly add the the flour to the butter mixture until a ball forms.
- Press the shortbread dough into the bottom of the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut the shortbread into rectangles.
- Remove from the baking pan and set on a cookie sheet.
- Turn the oven off and return the shortbread to the oven to harden for 15 minutes in an OFF oven.
- Serve scones with tea!