Monday, June 10th 2019, 4:37 PM CDT
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Food coloring of your choice (we used 3 colors- 8/10 drops)
- 3 ziplock bags
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cookie roll into equal sections depending on the amount of colors you choose.
- Place each section into a separate Ziploc bag.
- Add 8-10 drops of food coloring.
- Seal bag and mush together the cookie dough until you have a solid color.
- Place the bags in the freezer for 10 minutes so they can harden a bit.
Lightly flour your countertop or roll out mat.
- Remove each color from their bags and roll into "snakes."
- Now, Place each snake together and twist into one log.
- Roll gently on the floured surface.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool on a parchment lined counter top and enjoy with a cup of milk!