Easiest Way To Prepare & Cook Fresh Artichokes
Easiest Way to Prepare & Cook Fresh Artichokes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut 1/2 inch off of the top of the artichoke and from the stem.
- Rub any cut spots with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cut the tips of each leaf off of the artichoke.
- Rub with more lemon juice.
- Cut the artichoke in half length wise.
- Remove the whiskers from the center exposing the "heart" of the artichoke.
- Rub with more lemon.
- In a small bowl, place 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste and olive oil to brush on the artichoke.
- Brush the artichoke all over with olive oil and place cut side down on the baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes.