Cookie Tart Cakes: Dough
Wednesday, February 13th 2019, 4:20 PM CST
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla paste
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed, beat butter and sugar for about 1½ minutes, or until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and carefully add the flour mixture a little at a time, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Once all the flour has been incorporated, the dough should form a ball around the mixing attachment and feel soft but not stick.
- Cut the dough in half and flatten into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is heating up, remove the dough from the fridge and allow it to warm up a bit before rolling out on a flour dusted surface.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness on a piece of parchment paper and then use a very sharp knife to cut around your shape.
- Move the parchment carefully to a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Baking time will depend on the size of your shape so watch the first batch to make sure the correct time.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and allow it to cool completely before decorating.
***To make the shape I printed a large full sheet heart on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and then cut out. I then traced that onto a piece of cardboard.