Bricktown Canal Electrocution Kills 1; Another Injured
OKLAHOMA CITY - Police confirm one man has died by electrocution after he fell in the Bricktown Canal, Sunday night.
Fire officials said the victim tripped over a light pole and fell into the canal near the 100 block of South Mickey Mantle Drive.
TWO ADULT MALES ELECTROCUTED in the Bricktown Canal near 100 block S. Mickey Mantle Dr. just after 8 p.m. Firefighters pulled both men out and initiated CPR. A light pedestal broke when the first man tried to get out which is what electrocuted him. 2nd man was trying to help. pic.twitter.com/9hQoXCAEF1— Oklahoma City Fire (@OKCFD) October 1, 2018
While trying to get out, police said the man grabbed exposed wires from the lamp.
The victim and a second man, who was in the water helping the victim, were both shocked by the electrical line.
The two were still in the water when fire officials arrived at the scene.
No names have been released.
Stay with News9.com or your News 9 app for more information as it becomes available.