Wednesday, February 14th 2018, 4:18 PM CST
- 4 golden potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large stock pot filled with water to a boil.
- Slice the peeled potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the potatoes into the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the boiling water and place in boil. Set aside.
- Using a large skillet, saute the onion in 1/4 stick of butter for 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Drizzle the bottom of the skillet with melted butter over medium heat.
- Place the parboiled potato slices in the pan and cook for 5 minutes and thin flip.
- You want the potatoes to crisp up on each side. Once they have a crisped a bit add the onions back into the pan with the potatoes and cook to warm through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.