EDMOND, Oklahoma - Police have released more details on Sunday's early morning officer-involved shooting in Edmond.

According to Edmond Police spokesperson Jennifer Monroe, officers were called out to the home in the 7300 block of Sandy Lane, after receiving a 911 call at approximately 5:04 a.m. The woman, who was living at the home with her 8-month-old daughter, told police that her ex-boyfriend was threatening her and her child.

The woman said she had locked herself inside a bedroom to call for help, but two minutes into the call police say the woman could be heard telling someone to “put the gun down.”

Also during the call police say the suspect, now identified as 22-year-old Robert Desherow, entered the room and said if the police show up he would shoot himself in the head.

The Edmond PD negotiating team was activated at 5:11 a.m. and tried to talk Desherow out of the house. During the negotiation process police believe Desherow pointed the gun at the woman and again told her he would kill himself if police arrived. The woman could also be heard pleading with Desherow not to commit suicide.

At 5:15a.m. Desherow allowed the woman and her baby to leave the home. Once out of the house, both the woman and baby were sheltered in an Edmond Police squad car.

Police surrounded the home and continued to negotiate with Desherow, until around 5:41 a.m. when Desherow emerged from the backdoor of the home with the gun to his head. Police say they repeatedly warned Desherow to put down the gun, but they say he then pointed toward the officers and that's when they opened fire.

Desherow was struck three times; once in the hand, once in the hip and once in the chest. The officers then began to administer first-aid until an EMSA unit arrived and transported Desherow to OU Medical Center where he remains in the Intensive Care Unit.

The four officers involved in this incident were placed on routine administrative leave while an investigation is conducted. Their names will be released after they are each interviewed. Edmond Police say the 911 call will not be released at this time.