Putnam City Elementary Students Back In Class, No Gas Leak Found
Crews were called to Northridge Elementary School in the 8500 block of NW 82 Street to investigate. Steve Lindley, spokesman for Putnam City Schools, said the school was evacuated about 9:10 a.m. Wednesday after people inside reported a natural gas smell.
Oklahoma City firefighters, ONG and Hazmat experts were sent to the school, but were unable to find a leak. Students were allowed to return to class shortly before 11 a.m.
Investigators tell News 9 the smell may have been emanating from a construction site nearby.