Firefighters Rescue Man From Northwest OKC Apartment Fire
OKLAHOMA CITY - A fire in northwest Oklahoma City, left one man in the hospital Wednesday morning.
Oklahoma City firefighters rushed to the Grouse Run Apartments on the 2400 block of N.W. 122nd around 2 a.m. Firefighters had to race to get him out of the apartment. When they found him, he was unresponsive and lying face down in one of the bedrooms.
Firefighters worked to revive him and he was eventually transported to Integris Baptist Hospital. It's not clear what condition he is in right now. He was being treated for smoke inhalation and not for burns.
As for the fire, it appears to have started in the kitchen. Investigators are trying to find out if there were working smoke detectors in the unit.
The investigators are trying to figure out what started the fire. The fire caused about $5,000 damage.