OKC Insurance Agency Gives Tips On Surveying Hail Damage
OKLAHOMA CITY - After hail-packing storms moved across the Oklahoma City metro area Tuesday night, many residents are now wondering if their homes or businesses have suffered any damage.
Allstate Insurance Agency provided several helpful tips on assessing the hail damage and reporting claims.
A few places you can look for signs of damage:
• Check patio covers, screens, windows and soft aluminum roofs for hail damage.
• Be safe when checking for roof damage, and consider using binoculars to check your roof for hail damage.
• Check vehicles for dents and broken or cracked glass caused by hail.
If you find hail damage, consider doing the following:
• Cover any broken windows and holes in your roof, as well as any broken glass on the car, to prevent further damage.
• Report your insurance claim as soon as possible; no matter what the level of damage.
• If possible, have your auto insurance, homeowner insurance and/or renter's insurance policy numbers available when you report your claim.
• Take pictures before you make any temporary repairs.
• Keep receipts for necessary temporary repairs due to a covered loss to present to your adjuster. These costs may be reimbursable under your homeowner policy.
• Talk to your family and friends to find a reliable, local contractor.