Lightning Sparks Fire At Southwest OKC Home
OKLAHOMA CITY - A family was awakened early Tuesday morning by the smell of smoke and the sight of flames on the roof of their home.
Lightning from the storms that moved through the metro overnight struck the house and sparked a fire. The house was being remodeled and the family was sleeping in a trailer in front of the home when the fire started. They were not hurt.
Firefighters arrived quickly and put out the flames. The fire caused about $25,000 worth of damage. The family has already contacted their insurance company, which will pay for the repairs.
Because the family was already living in the trailer, they have a place to stay.