OKC Zoo Get Spied Rules
The Oklahoma City Zoo's Be Spied and Get Spied Contest
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., Griffin Communications LLC. and the Oklahoma City Zoo will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agree as follows:
1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the The NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") or "the State of Oklahoma" except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of Griffin Communications, L.L.C. and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register for or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9, Griffin New Media, within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest. Employees of the Company, KWTV, News9.com, the Oklahoma City Zoo, the Contest's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. All photos submitted for entry must be less than 40k in size and deemed appropriate prior to being posted on the Oklahoma City Zoo's website. The Oklahoma City Zoo and participating partners have the right to refuse entry if photo submitted is deemed inappropriate. Photos will not be edited. Photos must be taken during 2012.
3. How to win: The Contest will begin on or about 3/5/2012 through 3/30/2012, with final giveaway announcement on 4/3/2012. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Listen for Daily Prize Winner's Names to be announced during the KJYO and KTST morning shows and on news9.com. Daily Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from all entries. Multiple entries are allowed. To enter the contest you can go to any of the (4) websites listed above and submit a picture of you or your child at the OKC Zoo.
4. How to enter: Go to www.okczoo.com, www.kj103fm.com, www.thetwister.com , or www.news9.com and enter the Be Spied and Get Spied Contest. From the website you can link to the Zoo's Be Spied and Get Spied Contesting Page to register for prizes and upload your contest photo. Registration can also be completed at the Oklahoma City Zoo in the Zoo's Guest Relations office. Every entry will be eligible for both daily and weekly prizes and the overall grand prize when received by March 22nd. Winning a daily prize does not exclude any entry from the Grand Prize Giveaway. All entries received after March 22nd will only be eligible for the grand prize.
5. Prizes: 10 Daily Prize Winners will receive a prize package valued at or above $50 from Wild Birds Unlimited and OKC Kayak. 2 Weekly Winners will receive a prize valued at or above $250 from Wild Birds Unlimited and OKC Kayak. One Grand Prize winner receives a camp and kayak adventure pack from Bass Pro and OKC Kayak valued at or above $1,000.
Daily prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date; or before if prize is a trip requiring earlier redemption. No cash equivalent for prize will be awarded. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. Be Spied and Get Spied winners will be given information to set-up their Kayak prize packages via OKC Kayak. Kayak outing dates and times will be agreed upon by both parties and subject to rescheduling based upon availability and weather conditions.
6. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
7. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants
8. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of The Oklahoma City Zoo shall be responsible for selection of winners and for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
9. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree: (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Officials, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses or fees, for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property claims, claims for injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants' fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless they own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents; (e) not to upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (f) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (g) to the use of the entrant's, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotional or advertising purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest's sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
10. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
11. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it is determined that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. NEWS 9, Griffin New Media, and the Oklahoma City Zoo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
13. Individual Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. The Grand Winner will be announced April 3rd. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station's address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self addressed stamped envelope with contest name to Clear Channel Radio Contesting, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219.
14. If the prize winner(s) cannot be notified within seven days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
15. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) days of winner's notification by [Griffin Marketing Solutions, The News on 6, NEWS 9, Radio Oklahoma Network or Griffin New Media, etc.] or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
16. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
17. Complete contest rules are available at KWTV Monday through Friday during normal business hours.