Squirrel May Be To Blame For OKC House Fire
OKLAHOMA CITY - Firefighters say a squirrel or some other small animal likely sparked a house fire late Sunday night in southwest Oklahoma City.
Around 11:30 p.m., a family living in a home near S.W. 39th Street and May heard a popping and crackling sound. Thinking there was a fire in their home, they called 911.
Firefighters arrived and discovered there had been a small fire in the attic, but it burned itself out.
Firefighters believe a squirrel or some other animal chewed through electrical lines in the attic, and that's what started the fire.
No one was hurt.