Snow Storm Finally Wrapping Up Across the State
OKLAHOMA CITY – Temperatures have dropped and the winter weather has moved in across the state and News9.com answers the questions you need to know to stay safe and keep you advised.
What is the timeline for the storm?
NEWS 9 meteorologists are estimating around 5 inches in the Oklahoma City metro area. Higher totals of up to 9 inches have been totaled in northwest Oklahoma and around 5 inches have fallen in the Tulsa area.
The snow will continue to fall until late Friday night with a 40 percent chance of snow around 10 p.m. Conditions will remain below freezing Friday night and into Saturday leaving the roads slick and hazardous.
What are the roads like?
How can you be safe if you have to drive?
How can you prepare for the storm?
Like the December 2007 ice storm, there is the potential to be without power for days. Oklahomans are encouraged to stock up with non-perishable food and alternative heat sources.
What can I do if my power goes out?
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission reports 141,941 homes and businesses are without electric service due to the storm as of 5 a.m. Friday.
Power outages are being reported all across the state.
To report an emergency or an outage:
OG&E – 272-9595
OG&E Outside OKC – 1-800-522-6870
Oklahoma Electric Co-op – 321-2024
Edmond Electric – 359-4655
Cotton Electric - 1-800-522-3520
Where can I go if I lose power?
- Oklahoma City- 330 SW 4th St.
- Norman- 315 E. Hayes St.
- Northhaven Church, 4600 NW 36th Ave
- Comanche County, Lawton- Cameron Baptist Church, 2621 Street C.
- Hunting Horse Methodist SW 25th and E. Ave
- Stephens County, Duncan- Stephens County Fairgrounds, 1616 South 13th Street, Oklahoma
- McClain County, Newcastle- Newcastle Storm Shelter, 851 N Carr
- Greer County, Magnum- The Church of New Beginnings, 408 S. Louis Tittle
- Carnegie- Carnegie Elementary School, 202 West 4th St.
- Holdenville- Holdenville New Age Nutrition Center, 124 N. Creek
- Jackson County, Altus- Altus Community Center, 401 Falcon Rd.
- Grady County, Chickasha- Grady County Fairgrounds, 500 East Choctaw
- Harmon County, Hollis- Hollis Civic Center, 208 W. Jones
- Greer County, Hobart- First Methodist Church, 201 S. Washington
- Anadarko- First Baptist Church, 700 W. Petree Rd.
- Asher- First Baptist Church, 109 E. Main St.
- Concho- Concho Community Hall, 200 Wolf Robe Circle
- Elmore- City First Baptist Church, 107 S Texas Ave
- Geary- Geary Community Center Geary
- Lindsay- Calvary Baptist Church, 401 W. Chickasaw
- Paoli- Paoli Senior Citizens Center
- Pauls Valley- Garvin County Fair Barn, 1401 N Willow
- Purcell- Multi-Purpose Center, 1400 Chandler Rd
- Seiling- Seiling Community Building
- Seminole- Seminole City Hall, 401 N. Main
- Geary- Cheyenne & Arapaho Community Hall
- Seiling- Cheyenne & Arapaho Community Hall
- Canton- Canton Community Center
- Concho- Native American Center
- Hammon- Cheyenne & Arapaho Community Hall
- Clinton- Cheyenne-Arapaho Elderly Nutrition Center
- Blanchard- Pioneer Telephone Building, 101 East Ceteran Memorial Highway
- Greer County-First Methodist Church, 201 S. Washington. Hobart, Oklahoma
- El Dorado- El Dorado School, 116 N. Seventh
- Hobart- First Methodist Church, 201 S. Washington
- McAlester- Salvation Army Office, 400 N. A Street
- Woodward- Woodward American Red Cross Chapter, 1209 Ninth Street
The Clarion Hotel, 737 S. Meridian, is offering a special rate to those affected by the winter weather and/or power outages. 405-942-8511
Feeding locations set up by Oklahoma Southern Baptists:
- Bartlesville, First Baptist Church
- Broken Arrow, Arrow Heights Baptist Church
- Duncan, Fairgrounds
- Edmond, Waterloo Road Baptist Church
- Elk City, First Baptist Church
- Elmore City, First Baptist Church
- El Reno First Baptist Church
- Enid, Red Cross Shelter
- Guymon, First Baptist Church
- Henryetta, First Baptist Church
- Kingfisher First Baptist Church
- McAlester, Armory
- Muskogee, Fairgrounds
- Oklahoma City, Messiah Lutheran Church
- Oklahoma City, Southern Hills Baptist Church
- Ponca City, Salvation Army Kitchen at First Baptist Church
- Pryor, First Baptist Church
- Sapulpa, Ridgeway Baptist Church
- Tahlequah, First Baptist Church
- Tulsa, First Baptist Church
Where can I listen to NEWS 9 on the radio?
- 107.7 FM
- 104.1 FM
- 92.5 FM
- 1520 AM
More on News9.com: Viewers Share Ice, Snow Photos