Fire Crews Battle Silo Fire in Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City fire crews worked to put out a fire in a grain silo located at 2100 South Robinson Avenue Tuesday afternoon.
Fire officials said the fire started on the third floor of Cargill Animal Nutrition and was caused by a piece of machinery that threw sparks into the grain elevator.
"A lot of those sparks went up the vent pipe, caused fires along the vent pipe, then got up to the roof area and caused a little bit bigger fire in a bin that they use to accumulate dust," said Oklahoma City Fire Battalion Chief Todd Matthews.
No injuries were reported.