Tilapia 'Vito's Style'
2-6 oz tilapia filets
1 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 shallots, sliced
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1/4 cup small capers or green olives
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
1 cup chicken broth
1 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
ground black pepper to taste
1. Place flour in a flat pan and drudge tilapia filets in flour, shake off excess.
2. Add the oil to sauté pan and sauté filets on medium heat about 3 minutes on each side; remove filets from pan and set aside.
3. In same pan, add shallots and heat until shallots are clear.
4. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; then add tomatoes, capers, and basil.
5. If you add wine, continue cooking for about 2 minutes to reduce the liquid.
6. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
7. Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese, remove from heat and pour immediately over fish add black pepper to taste and serve.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Carbohydrate: 8 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 610 mg
Tilapia "Vito's Style"
* Several variations can be made to this recipe by using chicken, or pork, or adding to pasta.
* To decrease the sodium, use low sodium chicken broth and less capers or green olives.