Road Conditions Improving, Most Highways Clear
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Side streets and neighborhood roads are still a mess across the metro, but for the most part ODOT says highways around the metro are clear with some ramps remaining slippery.
The problem now is icy patches and black ice.
If you have to get out, you can call Oklahoma's Road Conditions hotline at 888-425-2385 for the latest information.
During snow and/or ice conditions, motorists are asked to:
- Be aware that conditions are continually changing; drive cautiously and for the conditions on the roadway.
- Check road conditions before getting out on the roads.
- Allow extra space between vehicles, so there is adequate distance for braking in wet and icy conditions.
- Stay at least 200 feet behind road-clearing equipment; crews need room to maneuver and can engage plowing or spreading materials without notice.
- Be aware of "black ice," which looks wet on the roadway, but is actually a thin layer of ice.
- Please be patient, plan trips ahead and allow extra time to reach destinations.