Rumble Surprise Patrol Contest Official Rules
1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents at least 18 years of age who reside in the NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
4. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. Contest officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
7. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
8. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
9. Rumble Surprise Patrol Contest
Nominee's will be eligible to win a surprise appearance by Rumble and Thunder Girls at their home, school or work. The surprise patrol will come bearing balloons, treats and tickets to an upcoming Thunder game and honor the nominee.
To nominate, entrants need to fill out the nomination form in its entirety by 5:00pm on Friday, January 29, 2010. The form requires a short essay to be written describing the why this person is deserving of the prize. The winner will be selected on January 27th, 2010; by a NEWS 9 committee. The nominator will be contacted by News9 via phone to coordinate the surprise.
Prize winners may be required to sign affidavits of eligibility, releases of liability and name/photo/publicity release as a condition of winning the contest prize.
Entries must include participant's name, age, daytime and nighttime phone numbers and e-mail address.
Must be 18 or older to participate.
Winners of any other NEWS 9 contest within the 30 days prior to January 29, 2010, will not be eligible to win the Rumble Surprise Patrol Contest.