OSBI Files John Doe Warrant on 12-Year-Old Rape Case
By Colleen Chen, NEWS 9
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has filed a John Doe warrant on a rape case that occurred 12-years-ago in Guthrie on Christmas Day.
OSBI officials said, back in 1997 a man entered the home of 85-year-old Moena House and threatened to beat her with a pipe before robbing of $80 and sexually assaulting her.
"She had given him the money, and he still attacked her. And anybody that would so something like that doesn't need to be on the streets," said Connie Carolina, House's granddaughter.
The statute of limitation expires on Dec. 25, 2009, but the OSBI was able to file a John Doe warrant because they have the rapist's DNA.
House described her attacker as a black male with a dark complexion, between 25 and 35 years old, about 6 feet tall, weighing approximately 175 pounds. During the attack, the man was wearing new white and black tennis shoes, a plaid shirt, faded blue or black jeans, and a white stocking cap, and held a white cloth over his face during the attack.
Ms. House died last year, but the OSBI is hoping the man's description will lead to an arrest.
And although the crime took place in Guthrie, the fact it happened on Christmas day opens up a sea of suspects.
"He could have been visiting family or friends in the Guthrie area," said Jessica Brown, OSBI spokesperson.
The suspect's DNA is and has been run through the system but investigators think they may solve the case faster with the public's help
Anyone with information about the case should call the OSBI hotline at 1-800-522-8017.