OKLAHOMA CITY -- MAPS 3 voting has been a hot topic throughout the metro, but how do you know if you can vote in the MAPS 3 election?

If you are a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma and a resident of the City of Oklahoma City, you may vote in the election on December 8. Even if you have an address in Yukon, Edmond, Moore or other communities, you may actually live in Oklahoma City and could be eligible to vote in the election.

Check the maps, or call your local county election board: Canadian County 405-422-2422 Cleveland County 405-366-0210 Oklahoma County 405-713-1515 Pottawatomie County 405-273-8376.

In general, if you pay your trash service bill to the City of Oklahoma City, you can probably vote in the election.