Nichols Hills Doctor Charged with First-Degree Murder in Son's Death
Staff and Wire Reports
OKLAHOMA CITY – A doctor from Nichols Hills accused of killing his 9-year-old son has been charged with first-degree murder.
Dr. Stephen Wolf is accused of fatally stabbed his son, Tommy, at their home in Nichols Hills.
Wolf also was charged Wednesday with assault and battery with a deadly weapon for attacking his wife, Mary, during the Nov. 16 attack in the upscale Oklahoma City suburb.
According to a probable cause affidavit, a police officer answering a call of a suspicious person heard Mary Wolf screaming that someone was killing her son, Thomas.
Officer Michael Puckett discovered Stephen Wolf on his knees wrestling with something in the kitchen and ordered him to put up his hands. Puckett says Wolf told him, "You know he's got the devil in him."
Medical records indicate Stephen Wolf has a history mental problems.
Wolf's attorney couldn't immediately be reached to comment.
More on News9.com:
- Funeral Held for Son of Doctor Accused of Murder
- Doctor Accused in Son's Death Has History of Mental Health Issues
- Police Affidavit Reveals Details of Doctor's Alleged Murder of Son
- Doctor on Suicide Watch After Being Arraigned on Charge of Murdering Son
- Charges Expected Against Nichols Hills Doctor Next Week
- Doctor Accused of Murdering Son Could Plead Insanity