Norman Regional Cancels Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinics
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Due to a national disruption in supply of seasonal flu vaccine, Norman Regional Health System has had to cancel its annual Drive-Thru Flu Clinics in Moore and Norman. The clinics were scheduled for late October.
“Because producers of the seasonal flu vaccine have concentrated their efforts on producing the H1N1 vaccine, we are seeing a temporary decrease in production of the seasonal flu vaccine,” said Paula Price director of Health Promotion and Community. “For those who have not received their seasonal flu vaccine yet, we recommend contacting their family physician or their local county health department.”
Cleveland County’s Health Department is hosting flu clinics on the following dates:
• October 15 Cleveland County Health Department 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
• October 22 First Baptist Church in Moore 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
• October 23 Little Axe Community Center 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
• October 27 Noble School Administration Building 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
“We are offering seasonal flu shots to anyone who needs one during the four upcoming clinics, free of charge,” said Shari Kinney Cleveland County Health Department Administrative Director.
The Cleveland County Family YMCA is also hosting a flu shot clinic with Lassiter Drug on the following dates:
• October 14 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
• October 15 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
• November 11 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Flu shots are free for Medicare Part B (must show your card); otherwise they are $25 each.