Several Sickened in the Metro from Carbon Monoxide
EDMOND, Oklahoma -- Thirteen people in the metro were hospitalized Wednesday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency officials said eight employees at Chase Bank in Edmond and five others at a home in northeast Oklahoma City inhaled too much of the odorless gas.
Paramedics said as people start turning on their heaters, reports of injuries and even deaths from carbon monoxide leaks multiply.
"It's odorless, it's tasteless and you can't see it, so it's the silent killer," said Matt Erickson, EMSA Medic.
He said the best way to protect against carbon monoxide leaks is to get a detector for your home.