Bacon Bread Pudding
Recipe by Christa Carretero of CookingGirl.org
8 large eggs
1 quart whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1-pound loaf brioche or egg bread, torn into bite-size pieces
8 pieces smoked pepper bacon, cooked and crumbled
brown colored sugar for garnish
smoked salt for garnish
1. Whisk eggs, cream, sugar, 1 cup maple syrup, and vanilla in large bowl to blend.
2. Add brioche and bacon; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 12 muffin tins.
4. Transfer bread mixture to prepared tins. Bake until puffed and golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Cool. Frost with maple icing and top with sugar and smoked salt.
2 sticks butter (room temperature)
3-4 tbsp cream
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp maple syrup
1. Beat butter in mixer.
2. Add 1 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cream, beat until mixed.
3. Repeat until all powdered sugar and cream are incorporated.
4. Add maple syrup. Beat until fluffy.
Learn more about Christa Carretero's business on her Web site CookingGirl.org.