Grilled Chicken Salad with Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1-1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup celery, cut into small pieces
2 Tablespoons green onions or scallions, cut up
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup red pepper, cut up
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup grapes, cut in halves
1/4 cup low fat Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1. Rub dry seasonings all over the chicken breasts.
2. Place chicken breasts on hot grill and cook, turning every few minutes with a tong or fork, until the chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees or when juices run clear.
3. Remove cooked chicken from grill, cut into small pieces and set aside.
4. Combine the other ingredients in a large bowl except for vinaigrette.
5. Add grilled chicken and mix well.
6. Drizzle low fat raspberry vinaigrette over chicken salad and stir well; refrigerate.
7. Serve chilled chicken salad over chopped lettuce.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 30 grams
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 175 mg
Fiber: 1 gram
Menu Suggestion: Grilled Chicken Salad with Yogurt on bed of chopped lettuce
wedge of melon
* Tip for juicing lemon: cut lemon in half crosswise; insert a dinner fork into one lemon half, then rotate and twist lemon half and fork in opposite directions over bowl to collect the juice; repeat with other half of lemon