Pineapple Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Baked Tortilla chips (recipe follows)
2 cups Romaine lettuce, sliced thin
½ cup Red onion, sliced thin
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, roasted
1 yellow bell pepper, roasted
1 Poblano pepper, roasted
12 black olives, cut into small pieces
1 avocado, smashed
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon Adobo
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1 green onion, cut in small diagonals
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
¼ cup pineapple juice (frozen concentrate)
3 tablespoons Banyuls Vinegar
1 tablespoon Avocado Oil or extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Chipotle in adobo (seeded)
1. Combine all with an immersion blender and set aside.
Baked Tortilla Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cut flour tortillas in desired shapes
3. Sprinkle the following ingredients: garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder, cumin powder, salt
4. Bake on parchment lined sheet pan until golden brown.
5. While chips are baking, mash avocado and then mix in lime juice, salt to taste, garlic, adobo, green onion and mix well. Keep Chilled.
6. Toss lettuce in vinaigrette
7. In a bowl, begin with a base of tomato rounds and top with lettuce, tomatoes and then red onion slices.
8. Repeat above step once and finish with another layer of lettuce topped with roasted peppers, garnish with avocado mixture and bakes tortilla crisps.
9. Sprinkle with torn black olives and cilantro leaves.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.