Veal Piccata with Parsley & Capers
4 veal cutlets, pounded thin
Flour, for dredging
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
Lemon slices and parsley sprigs, for garnish
1. Season the veal with salt and lemon pepper and then dredge in flour. Pat off excess flour.
2. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Sauté veal cutlets for 2 minutes per side and remove to plate.
4. Add garlic to pan and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add wine, lemon juice, and capers and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half.
6. Return to a simmer and stir in butter and parsley until butter has melted and is incorporated into sauce.
7. Return veal cutlets to pan and coat with sauce. Transfer to serving plate and top with remaining sauce.
8. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs.