Ginger-soy marinated top round steak
1 Beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak from marinate; discard marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 12 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
3. Cut steak into thin slices.
Makes 4 servings.