- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon splenda
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cubed
- In a glass or plastic bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds, sugar, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Thread the meat onto skewers. (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them 30 minutes first.) Place the skewers in a plastic or glass container just large enough to hold them, and pour the marinade over the meat, turning to coat well. Cover, and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat, and position grate 5 inches from coals.
- Brush grate with oil, and place skewers on grill. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, occasionally turning kabobs to ensure even cooking.
One serving (1/4th of recipe) provides 250 calories, 27 grams protein, 14 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fiber, 69 mg cholesterol and ~500 mg sodium. NOTE: One serving also provides 4 mg of Iron and 5 mg of Zinc. Beef is an excellent (and tasty) way to include these two important nutrients in your diet.