1. Melt butter in large saucepan.
2. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth and all vegetables.
4. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
5. Remove 2 cups of soup and puree in blender or food processor.
6. Return to saucepan with remaining soup.
7. Stir in milk, cheese and seasonings and simmer 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 266 Carbohydrates: 34 grams Protein: 13 grams
Fat: 3 grams Sodium: 715 mg Fiber: 4 grams
Menu suggestion: SW Cheese and Corn Chowder
Canned fruit of choice
Garnish chowder with crumbled turkey bacon.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.