Lightning sparks blaze at Edmond home
EDMOND, Okla. -- Lightning sparked a fire which damaged an Edmond home late Sunday, firefighters said.
No injuries were reported.
Lightning struck the home at 2829 NW 158 St., catching the roof on fire about 9 p.m. Sunday, firefighters said.
Firefighters battled strong winds, but quickly extinguishing the flames.
"It's more common than you think," said Mike Walker, of the Oklahoma City Fire Department. "We make several house fire calls a year because of lightning striking a house."