Dino's Veggie Quesadillas
6 whole grain flour tortillas
1-8 ounce bag grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced
Herbs de Provence
1/2 sweet yellow pepper, sliced
Olive oil or other cooking oil
1 small onion, chopped
Sea salt or regular salt to taste
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Pour a thin layer of oil in a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add peppers, onion, and sliced mushrooms. Sauté' by stirring frequently 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are desired doneness. (For crisp vegetables, cook for a short period of time. Longer cooking time will result in softer vegetables.)
2. Season with Herbs de Provence to taste. (Add 1/4 teaspoon at a time--a little goes a long way)
3. Remove vegetables to a plate, and place a tortilla in the skillet. Layer the ingredients on the tortilla as follows: cheese--vegetables--a little salt if desired--more cheese--another tortilla.
4. Cook for about 1 minute, turn, then cook another minute or until cheese is melted.
5. Transfer quesadilla to a warm plate and repeat process until desired number of quesadillas are prepared. It may be necessary to add a few drops of oil to the skillet as quesadillas are prepared.
6. Cut quesadillas in halves or quarters.
6 Servings (1/2 quesadilla equals one serving)
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Carbohydrate: 30 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 546 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.