Kam's Basic Lemon Vinaigrette
Olive oil Salt to taste
1. Make a little or make a lot, but always use the following proportions: 1/3 lemon juice to 2/3 olive oil.
2. Place lemon juice in a bowl and start whisking with a wire whisk as you slowly begin to add the oil in a fine stream. Continue whisking as you gradually add all of the oil. The dressing should be blended completely into the oil.
Romaine lettuce, cleaned, patted dry and torn into bite sized pieces
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated is preferred
Sliced grilled chicken (if salad is to be served as main dish)
1. Toss lettuce with vinaigrette dressing, Parmesan cheese, and croutons.
2. Add thinly slice chicken if desired.
Romaine lettuce Calamato olives
Chopped tomato Feta Cheese
Chopped cucumber Chopped or sliced red onion
Croutons Lemon vinaigrette
1. Arrange all ingredients on a plate or platter that fits the amount of ingredients.
2. Before serving, toss with the vinaigrette.
Kam's Magic Mix and Homemade Croutons Magic Mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup olive oil
crushed garlic, to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix all ingredients together. Use to make croutons as follows:
(The quantity of the bread and Magic Mix will depend on how many croutons you wish to make)
Bread (Kam prefers baguettes, but ANY leftover bread will work)
Magic Mix (recipe above)
1. Cut bread into cubes--no need to remove crusts
2. Drizzle with magic mix and toss lightly. It is not necessary to saturate the bread with the Magic Mix.
3. Place the croutons on a large baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes or until croutons are crisp. Cool before adding to salad
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.