Chef Black's Breakfast Quesadillas
2 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 teaspoon canola oil or other cooking oil
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 ounce ham, chopped small
2 tablespoons turkey bacon, crumbled
1. On medium temperature, heat a skillet that fits the size of the tortilla. Add a small amount of canola or other cooking oil.
2. On a tortilla, layer the cheese, ham, bacon and scrambled egg.
3. Place another tortilla on top and press lightly to hold together.
4. Place quesadilla in skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
5. Cut into quarters.
2 servings (1 serving = 1/2 quesadilla)
Nutrition Information per serving:
Carbohydrate: 27 grams
Protein: 20 grams
Fat: 20 grams
Sodium: 872 mg
Fiber: 0 grams
Skewered Strawberries with Honey Yogurt Dip
Small wooden skewers
6 ounces plain low fat yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1. Wash strawberries and remove stems. Dry on paper towel.
2. Arrange berries on wooden skewers.
3. Sprinkle strawberries lightly with powdered sugar.
4. Combine yogurt with honey.
5. Serve skewered berries on a plate with a small dish of yogurt dip.
Nutrition Information per serving: (4 large strawberries with 1/4 cup Honey Yogurt Dip)
Carbohydrate: 30 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 1 gram
Sodium: 34 mg
Fiber: 1 gram