Cigarette sets apartment ablaze - - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Cigarette sets apartment ablaze

Posted: Updated:


An apartment fire sent one person to the hospital and created quite a disruption at this elderly housing apartment complex.

Authorities say the fire started because of a cigarette and only one apartment was damaged.

"We're still in the process of ventilating floors, a few more rooms," firefighter battalion Chief Glen Clark said. "Right now we are in a process assisting the occupants back to the apartments."

And firefighters say that if you're going to smoke, dispose of it properly, and they say not to smoke if you're sleepy.

Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111 is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.