By Amy McRee, NEWS 9
Let's talk about something no doubt quite a few of you are feeling post-holiday. I'm talking about the heavy feeling of being overwhelmed. With the added pressure of holiday entertaining, travel and budget woes, you might have gotten a little behind in your normal routine. But, don't worry. Here are some ways to get you back on track:
The Christian Broadcasting Network's cbn.com, cites motivational speaker Valorie Burton in an article about feeling overwhelmed and offered a few tips.
1. Plan a respite- a place to go for down time, where you can slow down and take a breath
2. Give yourself time to catch up- identify what's overdue and what's coming up. Catching up relieves anxiety
3. Alter deadlines, drop non-essentials- In order to catch up, you may have to drop some activities, postpone others. Ask what you can change about upcoming deadline. Is it self-imposed or can you get an extension?
4. Clear the clutter- reorganize, makes you feel more productive.
5. Remember your vision- put things in perspective. Ask "If I don't get this done, what difference will it make?" If it's urgent, make time for it.
Once you start making that time, and you're back on track try keeping a journal. It'll help you see how much you've actually accomplished and focused on what still needs to be done.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.