NEWS 9

A Stillwater mobile home ignited in flames early Sunday morning. The fire killed one of the residents while the other two remain unharmed.

One roommate was out of town. The other retained only minor injuries while escaping the blaze.

The two residents home that day, both 18, were outside when firefighters arrived on the scene. One of them was severely burned. Identified as Matthew Wilkerson, the teen died in the hospital he was taken to from the scene.

The fire's origin is still unknown, but police say it could have started from a space heater.

"They were using several space heaters in the mobile home. But, that is still under investigation by the state fire marshal and the criminal investigation division," Dale Higgins, Stillwater Police Department, said.

Wilkerson and one of his roommates had just graduated from Stillwater High School on Friday.