8 servings, 2 triangles each
Non-stick cooking spray1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
2 cups egg substitute
2 tablespoons non-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
8 tablespoons light Mexican blend cheese, divided use
4 slices microwave bacon, crumbled
4 (12-inch) 98% fat-free tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Add tomato and cook an additional 1 minute.
3. Add next 5 ingredients (egg substitute, milk, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin). Cook until eggs are set.
4. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with one tablespoon of cheese. Top with one cup of egg mixture, 1/4 of the bacon and an additional 1 tablespoon of cheese.
5. Fold tortilla in half and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
6. Cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles. Serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream
Adapted recipe by Jennifer Parham, RD, LD