Firefighters warn against carbon monoxide poisoning - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Firefighters warn against carbon monoxide poisoning

NEWS 9

Carbon monoxide currently stands as a potential treat to those trying to stay warm at home. Firefighters warn against using propane-powered heaters and charcoal grills inside the home as a source of heat.

"That is extremely dangerous. The effects of CO can be fatal in a very short amount of time," said John Graham, a Emergency Medical Services Authority worker.

Currently, seven people are being treated with carbon monoxide poisoning in the Oklahoma City, Okla.-metro area.  Paramedics said an initial symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning is an increased sleepy feeling.

Since midnight, EMSA said they have received 13 calls related to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.