Thursday, September 27th 2007, 10:36 AM CDT
Recipe from Kim High of Wedgefield, S. C.
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 tbl salt (may use more, add to taste)
- 1 tbl red pepper flakes
- 1 tbl pepper
- 1 1/2 tbl chili powder
- 1/2 tsp horseradish powder
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 large tomatoes (Choped into quarters)
- 1 1lb. pack of dry pinto beans (soak overnight for best results)
- Brown hamburger in skillet untill cooked well done. brown onions drain oil.
- In large crock pot (or large 8 qrt. pot, if you can watch it for several hours) add the cut up tomatoes, hamburger & onions, & all the seasonings.
- Add the pre-soaked beans (you can fast soak by heating the beans in water to a boil and let set for 1 hour).
- Add water to cover all ingredients plus two inches.
- Set crock pot on high for 3 hours and then turn to low.
- Or you can bring to a boil on the stove, then turn down and boil on med-low for about 4 hours. May be cooked longer if desired.