Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 4:52 PM CDT
Recipe from Dianne Milligan of Bridgeport, Conn.
- 2 Cups uncooked quick cook oatmeal
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C raisins
- 1/4 C nuts (I use almonds)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 C fat free milk
- 1/2C applesauce
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- Combine milk, applesauce, butter and egg. Add to oatmeal mix.
- Stir well.
- Pour into 8-inch square dish, coated w/spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Dianne suggests: You can use this for dessert with whipped creamm or ice cream. Or try it for breakfast, with a little milk!