Monday, February 12th 2007, 12:29 PM CST
Recipe from Christiana Conway of New York
- 1/2 stick soft butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 egg yolks (save whites for meringue)
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 1/2 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 baked pie crust
- Cream butter, egg yolks, and sugar in double boiler.
- Add flour and blend until smooth.
- Add milk and stir until smooth over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add drained pineapple and bring to a full boil. Pour into baked pie shell.
- 4 egg whites, 3 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat egg whites till they form a peak.
- Add rest of the ingredients until blended. Spread over pie.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown in a 350 degree oven.