Ted's honey wheat bread
Recipe from Ted Inness of Las Vegas, Nev.
Note: This recipe is for a 4-cup breadmachine
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 package yeast
- 1 heaping teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1 egg/egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- Optional - 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nut.
- It even works with peanuts! Pinenuts/pignolia, almonds, walnuts, brazilnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews have all been tried, very successfully.
Place ingredients in machine and process normally. (My personal preference is to use rapid-rise yeast with the rapid setting if your machine has one.)
Ted comments: I was once told by friend that this bread was to die for. She stopped herself and thought for a second and corrected herself to say that "It Was To KILL For" (her emphasis!) and that she would commonly make entire meal out of just the bread.