Fat And Sassy Mama's Chicken Pepperoni
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
• 16 slices pepperoni
• 12 individual mozzarella balls in oil (found in deli section)
• 4 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 3 shallots, chopped
• 1 jar Newman's Own Marinara sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat a large saucepan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. While pan is warming, pound chicken breasts thin using the bottom of a skillet or meat mallet. Place 4 pepperoni slices and 3 mozzarella balls in the center of each breast. In a small bowl combine flour, basil, salt and pepper. Roll up chicken and place seam side down in the bowl with flour. Coat chicken with flour mixture and place in hot saucepan seam side down. Continue with the rest of the breasts. Turn chicken allowing it to brown on all sides. Add shallots and sauté with chicken. Once chicken is browned on all sides pour in marinara sauce. Place the lid on the saucepan and continue simmering for 25 minutes. Place 1 cup of grated mozzarella on top and allow to melt. Serve over your favorite pasta!