Friends Of Duncan Homicide Victims Speak Out After Son's Arrest

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 7:41 pm
By: News 9

The son of a well-known family found dead in their Duncan home is in the Stephens County Jail.

Marlow Review newspaper publisher, John Hruby, 50, his wife Tinker, 48, and their 17-year-old daughter Katherine were discovered "cold and unresponsive" in the kitchen of their home in the 1200 block of Bent Street in Duncan, Monday.

10/13/2014 Related Story: Duncan Police Investigate Triple Homicide

The family's housekeeper made a tearful cry to 911 after discovering the bodies. 

"It was awful to hear of a whole family taken out and then to learn it is someone close to you," Sandy Bruce, a family friend said. Bruce said immediately everyone was worried about the whereabouts of the family's son, 19-year-old Alan Hruby.

The housekeeper's daughter allegedly phoned the son, who showed up at the home later.

Duncan police took Alan Hruby in for questioning.

Investigators have not said Hruby is a suspect in the triple homicide. However, he was arrested for probation violations, a few hours after police learned the rest of his family were homicide victims.

10/14/2014 Related Story: Son Of Duncan Homicide Victims In Custody On Unrelated Case

A judge in Stephens County District Court signed off on a probable cause affidavit late Tuesday afternoon.

District Attorney Jason Hicks said the affidavit is for knowingly concealing stolen property. The document was not available by close of business Tuesday.

A mug shot was surfaced nearly 24 hours after he was arrested.

According to OK Vine, a website that allows Oklahomans to track inmates, Hruby was in custody, Tuesday, in Stephens County for prior offenses.

Court records show in 2013, he obtained a credit card in his grandmother's name and charged nearly $5,000 on the card during a European vacation. His father reported the misuse of the card to police and Alan Hruby pled guilty to the criminal charge filed against him.

He was placed on probation and began his college career at the University of Oklahoma, according to court records.

Hruby was freshman living at Headington Hall, the dorms on campus but OU administrators issued a letter, Monday, warning staff that Hruby is no longer allowed at the university.

The staff was instructed to call police immediately if they came into contact with Hruby, but the letter did not explain why there was a need for extra security.

Administrators said only if and when Hruby is exonerated will he be allowed back on campus.

Bruce said the university apparently knows more than what police are telling the community and she said it's unnerving.

"I want to know that they've got this person. Whether it be the son or someone else, they need to pay for what they've done," she said.

Investigators have not said when they believe the murders took place or the last time the family was seen alive.

An exact cause of death is still pending an autopsy from the Office of the State Medical Examiner.

Stephens County District Attorney Jason Hicks said a news conference will be announced when the investigation is complete.