Thursday, January 11th 2007, 10:15 AM CST
Recipe from Darrell Lucas of TX
- 3 lbs. shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 6 tsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 12oz cans whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 12oz can tomato sauce
- Cooked white rice
- Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter until soft.
- Blend in flour and all seasonings. Add tomatoes, squishing them with your hands into pieces.
- Add the tomato sauce and 1 can of water.
- Cook until a boil begins, stirring constantly. After it begins boiling, add shrimp and cook for 20 minutes. Stir the entire time.
- Spoon over rice.
Sauce freezes well for another meal.